The thought of having cancer can be frightening. However, the reality is that there are things that you can do to help reduce your risk of cancer. Don’t ignore cancer and hope it never happens to you, especially if you have a family history of cancer prognosis. Learn how to reduce your risk.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive 0.1 International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) continuing education credits.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss general facts and statistics about cancer.
- Identify common causes of cancer.
- Describe the typical progression of cancer.
- Identify 7 common risk factors for cancer, and describe the role of diet and exercise in cancer risk.
- Explain early diagnosis for cancer and recommended screenings for 5 common types of cancer.
- Identify 9 signs and symptoms for cancer.
- Describe 8 ways to reduce your risk of cancer.
- Identify 6 ways cancer is treated and 4 ways to minimize the side effects of treatment.