Tired of a sore back, wrists, neck, shoulders, and eyes after a day at work? Use this course to get tips on desk set up, posture, and exercises to improve how you feel at work and at the end of your day. Leave your work day feeling good and with energy to spare.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive 0.2 International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) continuing education credits.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define ergonomics and describe why it is important.
- Define Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) and identify 5 common areas in the body where they may occur from sitting at a desk.
- Describe how to adjust 6 factors in your work environment to create a more ergonomic friendly work space.
- Discuss alternative work stations and describe proper posture while standing at a desk.
- Explain why movement is important in a sitting job and describe 5 stretches, one transition exercise, 3 standing, and a balance exercise to use when at work.