Living in the world is more a cross-cultural experience today than ever before. Explore the concept of cultural competence to improve your relationships and interactions in your cultural diverse family and workplace.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive 0.1 International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) continuing education credits.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the definitions related to culture and the concept of cultural competency.
- Describe how culture is expressed in health care.
- Discuss the role of cross-cultural communication in cultural competency.
- Identify and discuss hot and cold-climate cultural characteristics.
- Explain the concept of direct vs. indirect communication.
- Identify and discuss the difference between group identity and individualism, responders and planners, and high-context and low-context relating to cultural diversity.
- Describe 5 Tips for building Cultural competence.