This course will take you through the benefits and guidelines for physical activity and motivate you to create a plan to get up and move! It also includes a section on the health consequences of sitting too much and gives you ideas of how to get up an move more during the day. Feel better now by being more physically active!
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive 0.2 International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) continuing education credits.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define physical activity, exercise, and physical fitness.
- Describe the benefits and risks of physical activity.
- Discuss the guidelines for physical activity.
- Explain why sedentary behavior (sitting) is detrimental to your health.
- Describe the recommendations before starting a plan to become more physically active.
- Determine steps you will take to implement a plan to become more physically active.