The number of children and adults with diabetes and metabolic syndrome is growing each year. Do you have a family history of diabetes? Learn about the risks and how to prevent diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive 0.1 International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) continuing education credits.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss metabolic syndrome and identify 5 risk factors for metabolic syndrome.
- Recognize signs and symptoms for high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Discuss the risks and causes of metabolic syndrome.
- Discuss statistics, symptoms, and 3 stages of diagnosis for diabetes.
- Identify and discuss 3 common forms of diabetes.
- Describe 5 components for managing diabetes.
- Discuss the role of exercise, physical activity goals, and weight management recommendations for diabetes.
- Explain 6 ways to prevent and manage diabetes and metabolic syndrome including lifestyle changes and medication management.